z2023 Joint Affinity Peer Group Summit
Date and Time
Wednesday Apr 26, 2023
1:30 PM - 4:30 PM CDT
Wednesday, April 26, 2023
In-person: Hilton Garden Inn Downtown
201 E 8th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57103
Virtual: Zoom. Login information will be sent out in April.
Elevating Your Peer Group Experience with Kristen HadeedThere's a saying in leadership: "It's lonely at the top." But it doesn't have to be.
When Kristen Hadeed became an entrepreneur 15 years ago, she felt alone. She was a new leader with zero leadership experience and she failed left and right. Her friends couldn't relate and she didn't have anyone to turn to, until she was given the opportunity to join an entrepreneurial peer group and it changed everything.
At their best, peer groups are places where members can talk openly about what's working in their organizations, what's not, the real challenges that keep them up at night, where they are failing and doubting themselves, and where they need support on a personal level. They are safe spaces that inspire vulnerability, empathy, and true listening without judgement. They are places where members freely give, share, and solicit candid feedback. And they are places where members learn to be curious and open to perspectives that are different from their own.
In this session, Kristen will teach participants how to create the best possible peer group experience for themselves and their members. She will teach critical leadership skills that will not only elevate the peer group experience, but will help group members make a larger impact within their own respective organizations and make family leadership a competitive advantage.
- Part One: Kickoff
- Set intentions and purpose for time together
- Part Two: Mindset
- Foster greater self-awareness
- Discover how to lead yourself and others through limiting mindsets (like fear of success, fear of failure, imposter syndrome, etc.)
- Learn how to demonstrate openness to perspectives that are different than your own
- Become more curious about your own life experiences and the experiences of those around you
- Part Three: Relationships
- Learn how to create an environment where people feel seen, heard, and significant
- Discover how to communicate with empathy
- Gain tools to be a better listener and build deeper relationships
- Learn how to be "vulnerable with purpose"
- Part Four: Communication
- Learn how to give, receive, and solicit feedback productively and compassionately
- Understand what might prevent someone from speaking up and learn how to remove those barriers
- Discover how to ask better questions to get better feedback
- Learn different feedback models and how to ensure messaging is perceived in the way you intend
- Part Five: Closing
- Set your vision for your peer group
- Reflect on session takeaways and set commitments